Disclaimer

The ramblings of a working, knitting, writing wife and mother.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter for the Wizard of Ez: A Photo Story

Last Easter, my daughter wasn't really interested in much except her own hands (whoa! hands!), but she more than made up for it this year. She cooperated so well, in fact, that there were enough good pictures for me to make a photo story of her Easter afternoon. Enjoy!

IMG_1291

Ezri: Hello? What's this? A new friend? (this was the afternoon. She'd had all morning to destroy the living room, which is why it looks like that. The shocking part is that she noticed the new thing Right Away.

IMG_1294

Ezri: A Leash! You bought me a leash for Easter? What do you think I am, some kind of baby?
Me: It's because you're so cute, I don't want anyone to walk off with you. Besides, look, it's a giraffe. You love giraffes.

IMG_1302

Ezri: I guess it's pretty cute when I look at it from this angle. Aww, hello new friend who I'm going to pretend is not a leash.
Me: Good girl. Now let's go outside and look for some Easter eggs.

IMG_1321

Ezri: Outside? I like going outside. Is the hammock up? Can we go for a bike ride? Can we -

IMG_1324

Ezri: Holy eggs! Look! There are eggs all over the place!

IMG_1315

Me: That's right. All for you. Here - you can put them in this basket.
Ezri: Isn't it a little small?

IMG_1328

Me: Ez? You forgot your basket.
Ezri: What? Basket? Oh, that's ri --- Look! A Pink One!

IMG_1333

Dad: Here, honey, I'll hold your basket for you.
Ezri: Thank you, Father. Take good care of this yellow one, won't you?

IMG_1340

Dad: I will guard it with my life.

IMG_1344

Ezri: Excellent. Now that my eggs are safe, I'm going to go find some more!

IMG_1332

Ezri: Daddy, look! Another one over there!

IMG_1331

Dad: So there is!

IMG_1334

Dad: Put it in, nice and safe. And Ezri? Do you want me to unwrap that chocolate?

IMG_1338

Ezri: What's chocolate? Hey! That's. . .that came out of my egg. You're, wait, you're not supposed to, hang on, what are you doing to my little, shiny egg?

IMG_1339

Ezri: Oh, I forgive you! They really do taste much better this way.
Mom: (squealing) Chipmunk Cheeks!

IMG_1342

Ezri: Well. I've checked the area carefully, and it appears there are no eggs left to be found.

IMG_1335

Ezri: So can I have another chocolate now?

IMG_1354

Ezri: I bet there's one in here!

IMG_1345

Ezri: Yes, the secrets of the unwrapping are mine. No chocolate is safe!
Mom: I think that's the last one for you, young lady.

IMG_1348

Ezri: Aww, please, Mommy. How can you say no to this face?
Mom: Easy! No.

IMG_1329

Ezri: How about this one?
Mom: How about you go see what your father is doing?

IMG_1372

Ezri: An excellent suggestion. This does look like an operation that needs my supervision.
Mom: I thought so.

IMG_1367

Ezri: Yes, yes, the water is a good temperature with just the right amount of suds.

IMG_1370

Ezri: But I think the bucket would be better positioned over . . ooomph . . over . .

IMG_1371

Ezri: On second thought, the bucket is actually just perfect right here.

IMG_1363

Ezri: You were right, Mom! Dad really does need my help!
Mom: Of course he does.

IMG_1353

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment